Front End Web Developer - Andover, MA
Title: Front End Web Developer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Web Product Management
Location: Andover, MA
The ideal candidate should be highly adaptive in a rapidly changing environment and be willing and able to learn new technologies as they become necessary. The candidate should have the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions.
Core WSI Attributes:
- Talent Committed
- Customer Focused
- Action Oriented
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of web applications – Follows coding standards, builds appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts
- Communicates continually with management and project teams – Explains progress on the development effort
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions
- Translates designs and style guides provided by the UI/UX team into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance
- Contributes to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface or new technologies
- Develop products of the highest quality through strict attention to visual and interaction details
- You understand cross-browser nuances and tablet viewports.
- You can consume and create APIs and web services.
- Experience with paired programming is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Well versed in software engineering principles, frameworks and technologies
Excellent communication skills
Self-directed team player who thrives in a continually changing environment
Strong customer service/client service skills
Understanding of browser developer tools
Cross-browser testing & troubleshooting
Strong ability to manage code libraries and use source control repositories for consistent management of work
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or keyboard; reach with hands and arms; stoop, and talk or hear. The employee must be able to see differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs and be able to read, write and interpret written documents.
Work Environment: Employee will work in a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
About The Company: WSI Corporation (“WSI") is the world’s largest supplier of real-time weather data, imagery, and weather forecast services to commercial customers in the broadcast media, aviation, energy, insurance, and government markets. Headquartered in Andover, Massachusetts, and Birmingham, England, WSI Corporation is the professional division of The Weather Company and owned by a consortium made up of NBC Universal and the private equity firms, The Blackstone Group and Bain Capital. WSI is also the innovation engine of The Weather Channel, providing the display software and data services used continuously since their first day on the air.
In 1978, WSI became the first private weather company to computerize raw weather data and package it into customized formats. Over the past 35 years, WSI has expanded upon this core competency to deliver state-of-the-art systems and value-added weather information that are unequaled in the industry. WSI holds over 35 U.S. patents and has produced a steady stream of notable industry innovations, including:
- Developing the first national U.S. radar mosaic
- Creating value-added charts from raw computer model data
- Offering the marketplace the first international satellite imagery
- Developing the first digital satellite network for briefing pilots
- Providing the first complete, high-definition weather graphics system to television stations
- Introducing comprehensive, Web-based weather information service for the aviation and energy marketplaces
- Developing a professional systems-level product to track hurricanes and typhoons;
- And now, successfully launching the most popular station-branded weather app in the world with more than 100 million viewer downloads and counting.
WSI offers comprehensive benefits, generous PTO, and a development environment that is respectful of your work/life balance.
WSI is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, the presence of non-job related medical condition or handicap, or any legally protected status.