Title: Software Engineer – Decision Support
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Software Development Manager
Location: Andover, MA
Description: The Software Engineer will develop cross-platform (web, mobile, tablet) Aviation products for WSI customers. You will work side by side with the product owner, product design, and customers to understand requirements and build great solutions. You will have an instinctive feel for design and take tremendous pride in the products the team produces. You will understand object-oriented design and leverage design patterns to expedite time to market. You will be part of a fun, fast-paced and highly collaborative product development team leveraging Agile methodologies to deliver new functionality in incremental iterations.
Core WSI Attributes:
- Ethical Conduct & Integrity
- Customer Focused
- Results Oriented
- Innovative and Strategic Thought
- Technical & Professional Competence
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build platform native mobile and tablet apps
- Potentially write RESTful web services for cross platform applications hosted on IIS for consumption by web and mobile clients
- Prepare, collaborate on, and review Software Engineering designs and implementations
- Contribute to and review Product Marketing and Product Design application requirements
- Contribute to and review QA test strategy and plans.
- Evaluate industry standards, best practices, and other techniques for application in WSI products.
- Apply communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills to drive team results.
- Strong CSS or mobile developer skills
- Native app development on at least one major platform (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
- Experience with one or more: Objective C / iOS, Java / Android, WP7
- Experience developing data-driven web applications (AJAX)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, wiki, and white-boarding)
- Problem Solver: Solves problems quickly and thoroughly; effectively looks for support when necessary; volunteers to tackle the appropriate hard problems; is tenacious and innovative
- Takes complete ownership of assigned tasks, judges themselves by the success of the effort; extends ownership beyond their assigned tasks and goes the extra mile to assure project success
- Is a team player; is quick to resolve issues that impact clients whatever their source
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or keyboard; reach with hands and arms; stoop, and talk or hear. The employee must be able to see differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs and be able to read, write and interpret written documents.
Work Environment: Employee will work in a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Qualified candidates may apply directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WSI is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, the presence of non-job related medical condition or handicap, or any legally protected status.